September 19, 2012
by Douglas Robert Turek
Love is a pancake when you wait patiently
for all the bubbles to pop on schedule and
leave little holes behind and it still turns out
to be a little more burnt than you thought.
Love is a pancake when you make a big stack
before you realize that you forgot to get syrup
and they will not be as sweet as you planned
but you love them anyway with just butter
Love is a pancake when it’s lunchtime
and your daughter asked for pancakes
and there’s really no reason not to have pancakes
any time you can because life is short
© 2010 Douglas Robert Turek, all rights reserved, reblogs allowed, be cool.
Reblogging myself because we had pancakes and my kids loved them!
- marikoyama likes this
- throateyeandknucklebone likes this
- catty1 likes this
- teenycomix likes this
- freesalad likes this
- morerobots likes this
- runjuliet likes this
- seltzerlizard reblogged this from seltzerlizard and added:
- celluloidfire likes this
- ahighsteppingsatyr likes this
- nolagrrlnyc likes this
- redcloud likes this
- greenblood likes this
- coyotesqrl likes this
- 4tones said: I tried to sing the words. I imagine it would have to be done with a Bob Dylan delivery. Well done, Doug.
- 4tones likes this
- seltzerlizard posted this